Most cycling holidays go from place to place, moving on every day. Our offerings are mainly fixed base and are in St Antonin, which gives a number of advantages which might appeal to you.
Why a Fixed Base Cycling Holiday?
- Flexibility. You’ll have an itinerary of rides throughout your stay with us, but if on a particular day you don’t feel like riding, you don’t have to.
- Exploring an area in depth can be much more rewarding than simply passing through. There’s an astonishing variety of landscapes and villages in this part of France, which you’ll love getting to know.
- No luggage transfers to worry about.
WHAT SORT OF BREAKS DO WE OFFER?
- Self-guided breaks can be booked any time we have available rooms in our accommodation. Price is based on the room (s) you book and start from €50 per person per night based on a shared room. Details of our rooms are on our accommodation page. Get in touch using our enquiry form for more details and a firm quote. We’ll make sure the itinerary we offer you fits your needs. Please note that there’s a minimum 2-night stay for this package.
- Custom: We are happy to run cycling breaks according to your requirements. Dates, duration, itinerary, level of support and routes can all be tailored to suit you. Normally these are for between 6 and 10 people, but other numbers may be possible. Use our contact form to start a conversation…
- Fixed itinerary: we occasionally put together a programme of rides on fixed dates, often based around local events which you can sign up for if you like the look of them. Any that we’re running will be listed here.
WHAT SUPPORT DO WE OFFER?
We know that different riders want different levels of support to get the most out of their holiday. With that in mind we offer a range of options to suit everyone:
Whichever level of support you choose, if something goes wrong, we’re happy to come out and rescue you! It doesn’t happen often, but it’s nice to know help is there if you need it.
- Accompanied rides where you’ll ride with one of our experienced ride leaders, usually Peter. If you’re interested in booking one of these breaks, get in touch using our contact form. You can sign up for one of the breaks listed, or ask about something specially tailored to your needs.
- GPS based rides mean that you ride alone or with the group you’ve come away with. You’ll follow a route which has been thoroughly researched by us and which will include café stops.
- Vehicle supported rides mean that you’ll have a car following you most of the time with food, drinks, spares and of course a bale-out option if you need it. It means that you need carry nothing other than a bottle. This option is available only by special request.
OUR ROUTE PLANNING SERVICES
Peter has quite a gift for finding the best routes and a lot of experience riding throughout Europe and the rest of the world. He may be able to offer route planning services, even if you won’t be taking your holiday with us. He can also offer more general advice on suitable destinations for your bike tour.
He can only undertake this sort of work when time permits, and it depends where you want to go.
If you’re looking for help with route planning, contact us to find out how we can help.